Comfortable Octave usage on Windows

From: Frank Luis Enrique
Subject: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:06:43 -0300

No, I don´t know what's the easy edit mode. Please tell me.

 What I tried to do is to write a .cmd file which opens the command
 line window, changes colours and font and invokes octave, but up to my
 knowledge the colour options are much more limited from the command
 line than from the up-left icon of the window  (just eight color for
 the background and the same for the fonts).

 I teach statistics in an Agronomy programm. My students are not very
 used to the command line, so I have t make a great effort to get them
 engaged with this interface.

 Thanks very much for your answer!
 Luis