Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Comfortable Octave usage on Windows
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:45:07 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Frank Luis Enrique  wrote:
The
> options to make this interpreter more friendly are very limited, just
> a few options to change the colour of the black background and the
> font size...

This can be done with clicking bar of the cmd windows and change property of
the cmd window.

It is very nice if you check 'easy edit mode' which enable us to copy and paste
process using the
right button of the mouse.  You can change font and foreground and background
color, screen size,
 and scree buffer size.

MS-Windows is not always developed for users who only use GUI softwares.
The cmd comand prompt is not a poor tool as you think about.

In my opnion, with GUI supports of cmd prompt and support of Gnu readline
,which give us auto complete
future with pressing tab key, octave on windows cmd prompt is not inconvenient.

In my lecture in the university, students use octave with my customized cmd
windows and
lectures goes well without problems.

Of course I wrote the detailed explanation how to use the cmd and readline
functions in my lecture
note in pdf file style.

Unfortunately it is written in Japanese but not English :-(.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/