Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 09:16:39 +0100

2008/3/21 Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>:
> Hello
>
>  As a web maintainer, my attitude of the issue in ht previous mails was not
> good.
>  I would like to express my apology to related peoples.
>
>  However, my ability is limited so that it is difficult to solve the issue
> only by myself.
>
>  I really need a help by power users.
>  For the moment, plese use vc expess 2005 and platform SDK.
>  However, they are obsolate to the MS.

Thanks for all your efforts on this topic.

I think that the only long-term solution would be to switch to MSVC 2008
to generate the next binary package. I'm a bit reluctant to do it, because
it took me quite some time to get a working setup, and switching to
another compiler would mean for me to recompile everything (including
all dependencies). This should happen smoothly as I have now top-level
scripts to take care of it, but this takes a huge amount of time, which
I don't have for the time being.

Michael.