Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:19:49 +0900 (JST)

Dear Huaizu You

Because this is complicated problem so that only I myself cannot solve this.
So you should be involved in the open discussion as a questioner.

****
This time, I have also failed.
I cannot figure out why my first trail was successful.

I checked the oregonator.oct created in the same directry in testOrego2.m.

So I executed

octave>testOrego2
The windows message
"msvcp90.dll was not found" .....
appeared.  I passed by it and get the error in octave screen pointed out from
the questioner

>> error: could not find library or dependents: C:\xxxxx\octave\oregonator.oct
>> error: lsode: expecting first argument to be a string
>> error: evaluating assignment expression near line 6, column 3
>> error: near line 6 of file 'C:\xxxx\octave\testOrego2.m'

I checked where msvcp90.dll is.
The msvcp90.dll exists in
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT"

I checked the path that "vcvarsall.bat" created

PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\Common7\Tools;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\VCPackages;C:\Program Files\Microsoft
SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin;c:\program
files\imagemagick-6.3.5-q8;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WBEM;C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SQL
Server\90\Tools\binn\;D:\usr\Tatsu\program\ScriptTools;C:\Program
Files\ckw;C:\Program Files\gawk-mbcs-win32-20070407;C:\Program
Files\wscite;C:\Program
Files\Hidemaru;C:\Program
Files\gnuplot-43pl0w32\gnuplot;C:\gs\gs8.60\bin;C:\gs\gs8.60\lib

There is no
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT".

So I added to
add path to
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT"

*****
@echo off
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcvarsall.bat" > nul
path %path%;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT
rem "C:\Programs\Octave-3.0.0" is the folder where the octave has been
installed.
"C:\Programs\Octave-3.0.0\bin\octave"
**************

path %path%;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT
is added.

After that I tried
octave>testOrego2

This time, another runtime error occurred.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Programs\Octave-3.0.0\bin\octave.exe

R6034
An application has made an attempt to load the Cruntime library incorrectly.

I remember the threds.

http://www.nabble.com/FW%3ARe%3A-note-for-mkoctfile-for-MSVC-%28MSVC2008%29-tt15126532.html#a15126532

In addtion, I cannot find the reason why my first trial was no problem.
Perhaps something is different but I cannot find the reason at the moment.

Regards

Tatsuro

******************
Message from the questioner
******************
"Huaizu You <address@hidden>" wrote

>Dear Prof. Matsuoka
>
>I tried the attachment, and still the same error showed up. Though I don't
>understand why it can't
work, I got a clue which might be the cause of failure. When I typed 'help
oregonator' in Octave, it
showed up an error message:
>error: could not find library or dependents: C:\Documents and
>Settings\hyou\octave\oregonator.oct
>
>It is strange that in that directory there is the oregonator.oct file and all
>others oregonator.lib,
oregonator.exp, but it just can't find the library. I was thinking maybe it's
because the white space
in the path that results in the failure of searching. However, if so, why can I
successfully compile
the .cc file to .oct file using mkoctfile? It indeed generated the
oregonator.oct from oregonator.cc.

>Or is it because there is something different between Octave-Forge-3.0.0 and
>Octave-MSVC-3.0.0? I
installed octave forge 3.0.0 for Windows. And when I clicked on the link of
downloading octave-msvc,
it also directed to octave forge for Windows.

>Thank you very much for spending time understanding my problem and helped me
>solved it. I appreciate
your help.

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/