Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: mkoctfile MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 04:48:50 +0900 (JST)

Hello
Michael> You can try the approach I explained in another mail to generate the
Michael> right manifest file. But frankly speaking, I doubt it'll work...

In the previous mail, I wrote the following.
It did not work.  As I wrote, my windows is not in good condition.
Therefore I need help from those who have already installed VC++ Express 2008.

Regards

Tatsuro

Hello

I have been left from the University and I cannot test the below.
This is because I did not install MSVC2008.

Now I am in lunch time at the university.

I have tested the below.

> 5) restart octave
At the restar, I met troubles.
First time, the system tell me that msvcp80.dll was not found.
At the restart an application error occured.
So I add the path to the ....\bin\Microsoft.VC80.CRT

After that I retry it
This time system told
"Application cannot be intiarized correctly (0x80000003). Finish the
application to press [OK]."

Mmmmm, unfortunately it is not successful.
However, my windows is not in good condition so I cannot assert that the way
suggest by Michael
does not work.

Are there anyone who would like to try to do it?

Anyway I personally am not the MSVC-octave user. (I usually use octave on
cygwin. )
I do not want to purchase it any longer and will delete the descriptions about
MSVC2008 in
my web if noone try this matter.

Regarads

Tatsuro.