Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express

From: Chris Hamburg
Subject: Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Dr. Matsuoka and Huaizu You,

I encountered the same error message when I tried to run the oregonator.oct
- File. However, I get the same error message with any other oct-File, so I
don't think the problem is related to the code on your internet page. It
rather seems to be an issue of the octave or MSVC configuration. Appearently
some libraries required to run the oct-file cannot be found.

I am using Octave 3.0.0 (MSVC) for windows and MSVC 2008 Express. I figured
out that in order to compile oct-Files properly, two environment variables
"LIB" and "INCLUDE" have to be defined in the Windows System (restart
required!), pointing to the directories where the MSVC 9.0 and Microsoft SDK
libraries and includes are located. Do you know by any chance if further
symbols or environment variables need to be defined to run the .oct-files?

Unfortunately I cannot find out which library is missing. I'd appreciate any
comments or suggestions.

Best regards,

C Stehning