Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: mkoctave MSVC 2008 Express (Need Help)
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 16:36:08 +0900 (JST)

Hello

As a web maintainer, my attitude of the issue in ht previous mails was not good.
I would like to express my apology to related peoples.

However, my ability is limited so that it is difficult to solve the issue only
by myself.

I really need a help by power users.
For the moment, plese use vc expess 2005 and platform SDK.
However, they are obsolate to the MS.
So it is not easy to find them.

VC
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&DisplayLang=en

Platform SDK
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5&displaylang=en

I will revise my web.

The web install file names are
Vc
 vcsetup.exe  (all versions have the same name, please care)

Platform SDK
 PSDK-amd64.exe
 PSDK-ia64.exe
 PSDK-x86.exe
Please select one of the above files according to kind of CPU of your
computputer.

I am now re-installing the VC++ 2005 but there have been some troubles at the
moment.
After I have finished, I will report here.

Regards

Tatsuro

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7B0B0339-613A-46E6-AB4D-080D4D4A8C4E&displaylang=en

> Regards
>
> Tatsuro.
>

> > 1) create a file test.c with this content:
> >
> > int main(void) { return 0; }
> >
> > 2) compile this file with: cl -MD test.c
> >
> > 3) this creates a manifest file test.exe.manifest
> >
> > 4) copy the manifest file as: <octave_root>\bin\octave.exe.manifest
> >
> > 5) restart octave and try again
>

> > The other solution is to rebuild octave with MSVC2008. If anybody wants to
> > give
> > it a try, there is a compilation script in octave-forge
> > (admin/Windows/msvc/run_compilation.sh)
> > that automates almost everything, including downloading and compiling
> > dependencies.
> >
> > Michael.
> >
> > 2008/3/11 Tatsuro MATSUOKA <address@hidden>:
> > > Dear Huaizu You

> > >  Because this is complicated problem so that only I myself cannot solve
> > > this.
> > >  So you should be involved in the open discussion as a questioner.
> > >
> > >  ****
> > >  This time, I have also failed.
> > >  I cannot figure out why my first trail was successful.
> > >
> > >  I checked the oregonator.oct created in the same directry in
> > > testOrego2.m.
> > >
> > >  So I executed
> > >
> > >  octave>testOrego2
> > >  The windows message
> > >  "msvcp90.dll was not found" .....
> > >  appeared.  I passed by it and get the error in octave screen pointed out
> > > from the
> questioner
> > >
> > >  >> error: could not find library or dependents:
> > > C:\xxxxx\octave\oregonator.oct
> > >  >> error: lsode: expecting first argument to be a string
> > >  >> error: evaluating assignment expression near line 6, column 3
> > >  >> error: near line 6 of file 'C:\xxxx\octave\testOrego2.m'
> > >

> > >  I checked where msvcp90.dll is.
> > >  The msvcp90.dll exists in
> > >  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
> > > 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT"
> > >
> > >  I checked the path that "vcvarsall.bat" created
> > >
> > >  PATH=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE;C:\Program
> > > Files\Microsoft
> > Visual Studio
> > >  9.0\VC\BIN;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio

9.0\Common7\Tools;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727;C:\Program

http://www.nabble.com/FW%3ARe%3A-note-for-mkoctfile-for-MSVC-%28MSVC2008%29-tt15126532.html#a15126532