Re: WG: Tools for mathematical calculations and graphical output

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: WG: Tools for mathematical calculations and graphical output
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 09:40:37 +0200

>> You don't say what computer you're using
>I'm using the computer on my desk.  Why does this matter?
>
>I also didn't say what kind of chair I'm sitting on or what kind of
>bread I had with my sandwich this afternoon.
>
>Sorry for being a smart ass, but I don't know why the computer I'm using
>matters.

If you were really sorry, you would have deleted those lines before
sending mail.  Remember that you are the one who is asking for help, and
being more polite with those who care to answer does not certainly hurt.

Some programs, for example, do not run on a Mac or require special
installation.  So, yes, the computer matters.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 313 8091