Re: Linking ATLAS with Octave

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: Linking ATLAS with Octave
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:02:18 -0400

   > would be:
   >    Athlon w/o 3DNow
   >    PII
   >    PPro
   >    PIII
   >    P4 with SIMD, yeay
   >    Athlon with 3DNow

   Too many.

Why too many? it's not a large package; the problem might be getting
all platforms to do build, of course, unless one would just force
a build using pre-determined constants. If we had to cut down the
number, I'd say
        PIII (doubling as generic)
        P4
        Athlon w/o 3DNow

   > I wonder how Debian set up BLAS libs for dynamic linking; I think the
   > default is a static link.

   BLAS? I made a patch years ago make it create a dynamic library -
   nowadays that patch is even part of the rpm you can find on netlib.
   It's very simplistic, though... libtoolizing would be better.

what I meant is that ATLAS is a BLAS replacement. I am not familiar
with libtools: what do you mean by libtoolizing? (what features
do you gain, etc)