Re: Linking ATLAS with Octave

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: Linking ATLAS with Octave
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 20:56:01 -0500

  "Trond" == Trond Eivind <address@hidden> writes:
  Trond> I'd love for a shared, non-optimized version to be available... thus
  Trond> we could ship a version working everywhere, and the local sysadmin
  Trond> could recompile it for his machines, optimized for them if needed.

$ apt-get --compile source atlas2-base

works just fine under Debian (using either the unstable or testing branch of
what will be Debian 3.0). You can also substitute 'athlon', 'p3' or 'p4' for
'base'.  The README explains how to customize within a processor class (as
e.g. old Athlons are different from new ones and Durons etc pp)

Dirk

--
Our mailserver had a hardware failure while we were gone during the 2nd half
of July. I did not respond to a mail you sent then, or if you experienced a