Re: Octave and HPUX

From: Thomas Hoffmann
Subject: Re: Octave and HPUX
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:06:49 +0100 (MET)

> Hmm.  I just tried running the Octave 2.0.16 configure script on an
> HP-SUX 10.20 system (uname reports HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/715 2015493944)
    ^^^^this is the right name for that system!!

> the locally install GNU tools.  My guess is that sed might be
> failing.  You might try installing GNU sed and see if that helps.

IIRC on "older" (unpatched) 10.20'er systems the stock sed fails reportedly
for lots of (GNU) projects. One can find in many readme files hints to replace
the HPUX sed w/ the GNU one.

Thomas Hoffmann, Institut fuer Halbleiter- und Mikrosystemtechnik, TU Dresden
E-mail: address@hidden