Octave and HPUX

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Octave and HPUX
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 14:19:44 -0600

On 17-Nov-2000, Theron Voran <address@hidden> wrote:

|       I am trying to compile octave 2.0.16 on an HP 9000 running HPUX
| 10.20. It seems to configure fine, but at the end when it trys to create
| the makefiles, it coredumps a bunch. Here is the output I am getting.

Hmm.  I just tried running the Octave 2.0.16 configure script on an
HP-SUX 10.20 system (uname reports HP-UX B.10.20 A 9000/715 2015493944)
and it seems to have worked.  I used a PATH starting with
/bin:/usr/bin, so it should have picked up the HP toolset instead of
the locally install GNU tools.  My guess is that sed might be
failing.  You might try installing GNU sed and see if that helps.

jwe

--
www.octave.org/octave | Thanking you in advance.  This sounds as if the
www.che.wisc.edu/Šþjwe | writer meant, "It will not be worth my while to