Re: Octave Web GUI

From: viveks
Subject: Re: Octave Web GUI
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 15:11:48 +0530 (IST)

Hello:

The directory in which the perl-octave-cgi script stores the output files
must be world-writable, I think. The "permission denied" may mean that the
directory is not world-writable as the process is normally run as user
"nobody". This is more likely the case.

If any of the perl-octave/cgi script does not have execute permission,
then the form may not display at all and the user will get error message
(in case of perl) or the output will not at all show up (in case octave
script is not executable).

Apart from all these things, you have to take care of the security aspects
of allowing an execution of any submitted m-file.

Vivek...