octave on alpha?

From: chenu-tournier marc
Subject: octave on alpha?
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 03:18:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hello.

I am working on communication systems and I work with matlab.
I need quite a lot of computer resources and I tried octave on my linux
computer and compared it with matlab and there was nearly a times two
difference in favour of Matlab.
I only use basic linear algebra :
random numbers,
vector and matrix operations element to element and 'normal' operations,
lots of sums

I wondered if some of you had or have the ocassion to work on a Alpha with
octave and if yes have you made a few benchmarks? Perhaps the compiler takes
advantage of the processor architecture?

Maby someone also can tell me how could I speed up the octave processing on
my current system

Thank you if you can help me.

Please also reply to address@hidden