Re: gnuplot problems...

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: gnuplot problems...
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:38:59 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> Hello all,
>   Ive just finished installing octave and it runs fine.  But i need
> plotting support, so i downloaded "pipe-gnuplot.exe" from the ftp site and
> copyed it to "\bin" (a folder on my NT box) in the path.  now when i start
> up octave, i set the gnuplot_binary variable by typing in 'gnuplot_binary
> = "pipe-gnuplot.exe /octave/plots"' because /octave/plots is where i was
> my plots to go.  so when i try and do some plots, i get the following
> errors...
>
> gnuplot: not found
> warning: broken pipe
> gnuplot: not found
> gnuplot: not found
>
> error: called from '__plt__' in file....
> error: called from 'polt' in file....
>
> so i ask, why is this happening ? am i doing something wrong ? ive tried
> redownloading the file with on success.  Im runnin this under winNT and
> using B19 sh.exe to load up octave.  also there isnt by chance a nice GUI
> interface for octave like there is for matlab is there? just wondering.
> thanks.

As far as I can see, there are two things wrong with your configuration:

1) you are running a Windows OS. ;-)
2) The gnuplot definition might be wrong:
'gnuplot_binary= "pipe-gnuplot.exe /octave/plots"'
 I THINK it should be 'gnuplot_binary= "\bin\pipe-gnuplot.exe
\octave\plots"'
I have no idea if that "\octave\plots" works. I thought the
gnuplot_binary should
just point to the gnuplot binary: 'gnuplot_binary=\bin\pipe-gnuplot.exe`

bye daniel