Re: Grub rescue

From: David WE Roberts
Subject: Re: Grub rescue
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:46:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 23:47:24 +0400, Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

> В Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:58:55 +0000 (UTC)
> David WE Roberts <address@hidden> пишет:
>
>> On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 16:14:48 +0000, David WE Roberts wrote:
>>
>> > Should grub rescue started from an MBR disc be able to see GPT
>> > partitions?

<snip>

> If you still can boot in original configuration, reinstall grub while
> explicitly adding part_gpt:
>
> grub-install --modules=part_gpt ...
>
> If you cannot return to original configuration - just follow boot
> recovery procedure for your distro.

Done that.

When I disconnect the original MBR data drive and connect the new GPT data
drive and boot grub of the MBR disc and go into grub rescue

I still find that 'ls' can only see one drive, the one with the MSDOS
partitions on.

If I 'insmod part_gpt' it does not complain, but still can't see the GPT
drive.

Not enough in core.img to chain load Windows either.

Cheers

Dave R