Re: [help-GIFT] alive?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] alive?
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 08:25:29 +0200

Julia,

That's great. You're motivated, you're pushy :-) . Given that the output is
equal to the previous output, I guess the main part of your sources should be
in GIFT quite soon. Without having looked more at your source than before, I
can tell you the questions I see:

1) I did not quite understand the thingy about the "aggregator"?
2) Are you able to write "feature information files"?
3) Given that Image Magick is already a prerequisite for successful GIFT
installation, the current state of your code introduces a new dependency,
right? Probably everyone has it anyway, but I still think it would be best to
move to the use of ImageMagick as file reading library. If you've got the time,
it would be worthwile adding that, and it would be very much in your own
interest, as you would save the convert call that has to be issued for each
image.

David, Julia: sounds reasonable?

Thanks again, Julia for your code and your motivation.

From: address@hidden
Date:  Mon, 17 Apr 2006 16:56:31 -0500