guix-devel

Re: Updating minetest to 5.6.0?

From: Jan
Subject: Re: Updating minetest to 5.6.0?
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:45:26 +0200

> No, Guix does collective maintenance, and AFAIK nobody has made a patch
> yet or volunteered to keep track of Minetest packages.  If you have a
> patch, you can simply sent it.

Will do that soon once I sort other things out.

> You can compile them:
>
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix build minetest minetest-worldedit minetest-...

I did successfully compile the game, mineclone2, and some other mods. Generally
the game works, mineclone2 (a subgame) works and is visible.

> The minetest-mod-build-system has some (very basic) tests for testing
> that the mods at least load with the new Minetest.

About that, I can never see mods installed with Guix in Minetest. Is the build
system really working as intended? I'm running the latest Guix. Am I missing
something? I don't see the mods on the current version nor the latest I
packaged.

I tried installing a mod by force installing it into
"share/minetest/mods/modname" using the copy-build-system just like mineclone2
is installed, but it doesn't work this way.

Any ideas what's wrong?

> For some additional testing, you could create a new world (creative
> mode), enable all the mods, place blocks of various mods, testing things
> out.

>> Should I also update games and mods?

> If you want to, but I would say it's only required if otherwise the
> mods
> fail to load or are otherwise broken by the update.

> Greetings,
> Maxime.

Jan WielkiewiczTemat: Re: Updating minetest to 5.6.0?
>> I almost effortlessly updated the minetest package to 5.6.0 so I
wonder if there's a person who is in charge of updating minetest-related
stuff or should I just send the patch?