guix-devel

Re: Create branch for Haskell build changes and updates?

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: Create branch for Haskell build changes and updates?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 21:24:17 +0000

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Wednesday, July 21st, 2021 at 5:10 PM, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> Ricardo Wurmus rekado@elephly.net writes:
>
> > Philip Munksgaard philip@munksgaard.me writes:
> >
> > > Who do we talk to to get this in place?
> >
> > Me, for example.
> >
> > Sorry, I got sick and haven’t been doing anything towards
> >
> > getting
> >
> > wip-haskell started.
> >
> > I’ll try to do this tonight:
> >
> > -   branch off wip-haskell from core-updates
> > -   apply https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49199
> > -   create a new job set for wip-haskell
>
> wip-haskell is being built now:
>
> https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/65335/dashboard

Great, thanks! I was away for a bit and catching up now.

Some failing builds are lacking a proper backtrace, e.g.
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/680388/details Perhaps it is what is referred to
as fixed in this more recent commit in core-updates:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates&id=a0f880afea3b29e817866de0170ed579738db2d1

In any event, going forward we can apply any Haskell patches here, and probably
the big one is to update GHC and Stackage resolver? Is there any automated way
to updating a large number of packages to get started? Some will require manual
help, but at least we can start with getting all versions to whichever Stackage
resolver we update to.

John