guix-devel

Re: Create branch for Haskell build changes and updates?

From: Xinglu Chen
Subject: Re: Create branch for Haskell build changes and updates?
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 15:40:49 +0200

On Wed, Jul 21 2021, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> Xinglu Chen <public@yoctocell.xyz> writes:
>
>> Thank you for bringing this up!  I posted a WIP patch for adding
>> GHC
>> 8.10 a while ago, but nobody showed any interest[1].
>>
>> I don’t have any experience with updating the Haskell toolchain
>> in Guix,
>> but I think it would be great to have a separate branch for
>> updating the
>> haskell-build-system and Haskell packages.  :)
>>
>> [1]: https://yhetil.org/guix-devel/87o8cgfbg1.fsf@yoctocell.xyz/
>
> It would be good to send this to guix-patches@gnu.org instead of
> guix-devel.  Please also see the Contributing section in the
> manual.

I asked on guix-devel to see if anybody was interested in an Haskell
update; I just attached a WIP patch to see if anyone would be interested
in helping out, since I didn’t really know where to start.  Sending it
to guix-patches would make it more likely to be forgotten since it
is a higher-volume list.

Now that more people have showed interest, I recently sent a patch for
it to guix-patches[1].  I still have to address some failing tests
before it’s ready to merge.  :)

[1]: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49606