guix-devel

Re: Create branch for Haskell build changes and updates?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Create branch for Haskell build changes and updates?
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2021 16:06:40 +0200

Xinglu Chen <public@yoctocell.xyz> writes:

On Wed, Jul 07 2021, John Kehayias wrote:

Thank you for bringing this up! I posted a WIP patch for adding GHC
8.10 a while ago, but nobody showed any interest[1].

I don’t have any experience with updating the Haskell toolchain in Guix, but I think it would be great to have a separate branch for updating the

haskell-build-system and Haskell packages. :)

[1]: https://yhetil.org/guix-devel/87o8cgfbg1.fsf@yoctocell.xyz/

I'm no expert in Haskell packages (every time I dive in anywhere it always seems a bit of a mess), but I'm happy to help out. Given the number of interdependent packages, probably makes sense to do this
anytime needing to update a core package, GHC, etc.

Does any maintainer or someone with repository access want to set this
up? Perhaps someone that has already handled Haskell updates?

Browsing through older threads on guix-devel, Ricardo seems to have some experience with Haskell stuff in Guix[1]. Any chance that you are
interested in helping out?  :)

Sorry, not this time :)

I suggest just starting a new branch. It doesn’t really need to be hosted in the main repo at this point, but if you have some initial patches that you’d like me to push to wip-haskell feel free to send them.

--
Ricardo