guix-devel

Re: merge wip-haskell?

From: Jakub Kądziołka
Subject: Re: merge wip-haskell?
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 17:03:26 +0200

On Thu, Aug 06, 2020 at 10:13:46AM +0200, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:
> Number 4 is by far the ugliest change of them all.  In order to
> statically link packages we need to add all the “static” outputs of all
> Haskell inputs *and* the “static” outputs of *their* Haskell inputs.
> This is not easily accomplished, so I ended up using “package-closure”
> on all direct inputs, and then filtered the result to packages with
> names starting with “ghc-”.  If there was a more appropriate tool I’d
> use it, but I don’t think it exists.

Perhaps we should work on making propagated-inputs per-output? That way,
:static could propagate the :static output of the dependencies.

This would also be useful in other situations. For example, a package
might contain both a binary and a library, and the library must
propagate its dependencies to make the header files work.

I don't know what a good syntax for this would be.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Jakub Kądziołka