guix-devel

Re: merge wip-haskell?

From: Timothy Sample
Subject: Re: merge wip-haskell?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 13:29:22 -0400

Hi John,

John Soo <jsoo1@asu.edu> writes:

> Does anyone know why idris, agda, and purescript are failing?

The really short version is that we now use shared libraries for Haskell
dependencies, which mostly works, except for some of the more
complicated builds.  I did fix Agda a little while ago, so I think it’s
okay now.  The issue was it couldn’t run the Agda compiler because it
didn’t know where it’s own shared libraries were before installing.  I
fixed it by setting “LD_LIBRARY_PATH” during the build.  Idris has a
similar problem, but not similar enough that the same solution works.  I
imagine PureScript is in the same boat, but I didn’t know about it until
now.  This makes me wonder about Elm, too.

> I have only been able to do very little recently to look at them.

Me too.  I‘ll take a look at PureScript and check Elm, since maybe the
Agda fix will work for them.  I’m not sure about Idris – it needs a bit
more effort.

-- Tim