Re: Handling BUGS.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Handling BUGS.
Date: 25 Mar 2002 22:05:36 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

>    From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
>    Date: 24 Mar 2002 21:40:38 +0100
>
>    I don't think bugs need numbers, just no-bugs-database should be
>    enough.
>
> numbers are symbolic (see comp.lang.lisp thread on packaging).  they
> have extra properties that are useful for ordering and concise to
> reference.

Whatever.  Let's not unproductively quibble over this.  Let's just say
that numbers are OK, too.

>    Yes, good point.  What about simply saying that the bug file itself
>    has no "." in its name, and related files like test scripts do?
>
> i suggest dot dirs in my other mail (using numbers, but i fancy
> N.SHORT-DESC would be the righteous hybrid solution).

A directory can be seen as a related file, as well, I'd say: bug-12.stuff/
I'll mention this as well.

I will just trot along in workbook/bugs even if we don't have complete
consensus yet.  I want to use the new mechanism already for better
managing the 1.6 release.