Re: Handling BUGS.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Handling BUGS.
Date: 24 Mar 2002 20:14:28 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have a slightly uneasy feeling about splitting BUGS into multiple
> > files.  CVS is not very good at moving or renaming files and we
> > wouldn't have a centralized log any more.  I don't see any problems
> > with just keeping all bugs in one file.
>
> That's fine with me too,

I now think having one file per bug is OK as well and I think we
should go that route.

> though I might still want to have an active
> and a resolved file -- keep things a little more wieldy.

'Active' and 'resolved' is only one of many possible categorizations.
It might be the most important one, now, but categorizing bugs
according to severity, affected release, or assigned developer might
be useful as well.