grub-devel

Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode

From: Bean
Subject: Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 23:11:41 +0800

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Stefan Bienert
<address@hidden> wrote:
> For me, the screen freezes, so graphics seem not to be cleared.
>
>> I could perhaps try the efi graphics driver on some iMacs later
>> this/next week (depending on the location where you are reading this).
>
> That would be nice. I use Bean's repository.

Hi,

Most likely it doesn't get the frame buffer address right, so screen
is written to somewhere else, this also consist with the fact you
don't see any console output until x starts.

BTW, when you use the linux command, it should show some line about
detected video card info, can you paste it here.

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/
my fork page: http://github.com/bean123/grub/