grub-devel

Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 21:59:49 +0200

Am Samstag, den 26.09.2009, 21:54 +0200 schrieb Stefan Bienert:
> Hi again,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can use search command to locate the root device. Something like this:
> >
> > search --set /vmlinuz
> > linux /vmlinuz ...
> > initrd /initrd.img
>
> Well, this does not work. I get a message about wrong search term or
> something similar.

Because you have to use search --set --file /vmlinuz
By the way search --help would tell you

> > If you use my repo, you can enable graphic mode for EFI, it even
> > allows you to set a background image. Add these lines in grub.cfg:
>
> > set gfxmode="0x0"
> > loadfont /unifont.pf2
> > terminal_output.gfxterm
> > background_image /splash.png
>
> Does this go on one line?
If you want to have it on one line you have so seperate them with ; just
like in bash

>  Where does the image go? Root of the partition
> where the grub.efi is?
> I tried the lines above each on their own line, picture is on the linux
> partition.

Either use set root= or search --set --file like above.
Just as with GRUB Legacy root specifies where it looks for the file

> > unifont.pf2 is the font file, you can generate it using grub-mkfont,
> > or just download it here:
> >
> > http://grub4dos.sourceforge.net/unifont.pf2
> >

> I left the font out for the first try. Does this hurt?

Without a font you only get ? in gfxterm

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer