grub-devel

Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 13:40:19 +0200

>> - The menu is rather small, is it possible to expand the display to
>> 1280x800?
>>
>> - Since I own a Macbook, I want my boot manager nice and shiny. How do I
>> set the looks? E.g. Background image? Couldn't find helpful info in the
>> manual-draft.
>
> If you use my repo, you can enable graphic mode for EFI, it even
> allows you to set a background image. Add these lines in grub.cfg:

> set gfxmode="0x0"
> loadfont /unifont.pf2
> terminal_output.gfxterm
> background_image /splash.png

So, my grub.cfg now contains:

set gfxmode="0x0"
search --set --file /boot/unifont.pf2
loadfont /boot/unifont.pf2
terminal_output.gfxterm
search --set --file /boot/splash.jpg
background_image /boot/splash.jpg

But this does not work. I also tried loading gfxterm in the
grub2-console. Even with insmod video, insmod efi_fb before.
If I cast terminal_output.gfxterm to the console, grub2 seems to hang.

Any other ideas?

greetings,

Stefan