grub-devel

Re: Grub2 and Efi (MacBook 5,1)

From: Bean
Subject: Re: Grub2 and Efi (MacBook 5,1)
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:03:19 +0800

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:12 AM, Stefan Bienert
<address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You can try my repo at at http://github.com/bean123/grub/, I believe
>> it has some uncommitted patches for the EFI platform.
>>
>> You can use the following menuentry:
>>
>> menuentry "Gentoo Linux 3 NOAGB NOEFI"
>> {
>>     root=(hd1,3)
>>     fakebios
>>     linux /boot/kernel-2.6.27-gentoo-r8-n root=/dev/sda4 video=efifb
>> noefi acpi=force
>>     initrd /boot/...
>> }
>>
>> loadbios is only useful if you want to use accelerated graphic driver
>> for some ati or intel card, mb 5.1 has nvidia card, so fakebios would
>> do.
>>
>> noefi is used to work around a bug in 2.6.27-2.6.28 amd64 kernel.
>> However, if you use noefi, you must also use fakebios/loadbios
>> otherwise the keyboard is not responsive after boot. But
>> fakebios/loadbios would cause problem in some new mb model. If that's
>> the case, you can try the 2.6.26 amd64 kernel without fakebios and
>> noefi option.
>>

> Thanks for the reply. I cloned your repo to my hard disk, compiled and
> now I'm at image generation:
>
> grub-mkimage -o grub.efi acpi affs afs_be afs appleldr befs_be befs
> bitmap blocklist boot bufio cat chain cmp configfile cpio crc datehook
> date dm_nv echo efi_fb elf ext2 extcmd fat fixvideo font fs_file fshelp
> fs_uuid gfxmenu gfxterm gptsync gzio halt handler hello help hexdump hfs
> hfspbless hfsplus iso9660 jfs jpeg keystatus linux loadbios loadenv
> loopback ls lspci lua lvm mdraid memrw minicmd minix mmap msdospart
> normal ntfscomp ntfs part_acorn part_amiga part_apple part_bsd part_gpt
> part_msdos part_sun part_sunpc parttool password pci png probe raid5rec
> raid6rec raid read reboot reiserfs scsi search setjmp sfs sh sleep tar
> terminfo test tga trig true udf ufs1 ufs2 utf video_fb video videotest
> xfs xnu xnu_uuid zfsinfo zfs
>
> But I get an error message:
>
> grub-mkimage: error: unresolved symbol grub_get_datetime
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi,

The following modules should be enough:

minicmd part_msdos part_gpt fat ext2 hfsplus ntfs reiserfs xfs iso9660
ls search loopback linux chain reboot halt appleldr help configfile
hexdump loadbios fixvideo sh

--
Bean

gitgrub home: http://github.com/grub/grub/