grub-devel

Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode

From: Stefan Bienert
Subject: Re: Macbook, Efi, Display mode
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 21:54:31 +0200

Hi again,

> Hi,
>
> You can use search command to locate the root device. Something like this:
>
> search --set /vmlinuz
> linux /vmlinuz ...
> initrd /initrd.img

Well, this does not work. I get a message about wrong search term or
something similar.

> If you use my repo, you can enable graphic mode for EFI, it even
> allows you to set a background image. Add these lines in grub.cfg:

> set gfxmode="0x0"
> loadfont /unifont.pf2
> terminal_output.gfxterm
> background_image /splash.png

Does this go on one line? Where does the image go? Root of the partition
where the grub.efi is?
I tried the lines above each on their own line, picture is on the linux
partition.

> You need to include these modules when generating grub.efi: video
> efi_fb gfxterm font png jpeg

Did that.

> unifont.pf2 is the font file, you can generate it using grub-mkfont,
> or just download it here:
>
> http://grub4dos.sourceforge.net/unifont.pf2

I left the font out for the first try. Does this hurt?

greetins,

Stefan