[Groff] Re: New html docs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Re: New html docs
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 16:09:19 GMT

> Many thanks to Eddie for forwarding me some missing emails.  After
> reading much discussion about missing html documents I thought I'd
> make a start on documenting the tmac.arkup including some examples.
>
> Here is where I've got to in producing documentation for grohtml.
> Werner: I've placed this document into the doc directory any chance
> it can be checked into cvs?

Dear Gaius,

the logical place and name for a file describing tmac.arkup is
groff_markup.man placed into the `tmac' subdirectory, and your html.ms
looks like being this kind of file.

So I won't check it in currently -- may I ask you to convert this file
to a man page?

Another related problem: I can imagine that a lot of people start to
write man pages with HTML output in mind also.  Nevertheless, it
should be still possible to display such pages correctly with a plain
text man pager.  As a consequence, such man pages should contain at
the beginning something like

  .do mso tmac.arkup

What do you think?