Re: GNU Herds https certificate

From: Neal E. Coombes
Subject: Re: GNU Herds https certificate
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 19:17:21 -0500

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Davi Leal <address@hidden> wrote:
Neal E. Coombes wrote:
> > Could you update the gnuherds.org information as exposed below?
>
> All of these fields require an individuals first and last name. I can add
> the GNU Herds stuff as the organization name for many of these.

> So I guess I propose updating the tech and admin organization to
>    GNU Herds - Free Software Association
> and updating their email addresses to the address@hidden.

As the domain name is one of the control pieces, IMHO the project should set
the admin email address to address@hidden, so exposing clearly the
project is in control of its members, as the association charter expose.

good enough for me!

  Registrant:
    GNU Herds - Free Software Association
    address@hidden

I can change the Organization Name, but there still must be an individuals first and last name in each of these sections.

  Admin:
    GNU Herds - Free Software Association
    address@hidden

  Tech Name:
    GNU Herds work team

I can make the Organization name GNU Herds work team, but again, need an individuals first and last name registered.  I also don't know if it makes since to make the Organization Name the work team...  let me know what you think.

The goal is pass the below buy conditions [3], and at the same time improve
the information reported by the "whois gnuherds.org" if it is possible:

Understood!

 "All certificate requests (CSR) must contain an Organization Name (O) that
 is exactly the same that appears at public domain name registries as the
 owner of the domain."

This should be no problem.

Neal