Re: webapp usability -- The HTTPS security certificate

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: webapp usability -- The HTTPS security certificate
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 00:17:04 +0200

Neal E. Coombes wrote:
> > update some of the information reported by the  "whois gnuherds.org"
> > command.
>
> Just let me know what needs changed.

The certificate which IMHO we should create would be as the current one being
used at gnuherds.org:

  Organization Name (O) (eg, company) [Internet Widgits Pty Ltd]:
     GNU Herds - Free Software Association

  Organizational Unit Name (OU) (eg, section) []:
     empty

  Common Name (CN):
     gnuherds.org

  Email Address (E):
     address@hidden

  Country Name (C):
     US

  State or Province Name (ST):
     IL

  Locality Name (L) (eg, city):
     Forest Park

Buy conditions read [1]:

 "All certificate requests (CSR) must contain an Organization Name (O) that
  is exactly the same that appears at public domain name registries as the
  owner of the domain."

 [1] http://certs.ipsca.com/srvc/BuyConditionsText.htm
     Ref. from: http://certs.ipsca.com/srvc/Buy.asp

So maybe we will have to update the registrant name field as follows:

  Registrant Name:
    OLD;  Neal Coombes
    NEW;  GNU Herds - Free Software Association

 Keep all the address information and the Registrant Email
 as address@hidden

Additionally IMHO it could be good modify the below values:

  Admin Name:
    OLD;  Neal Coombes
    NEW;  GNU Herds - Free Software Association

  Admin Email:
    OLD;  address@hidden
    NEW;  address@hidden

  Tech Name:
    OLD;  Neal Coombes
    NEW;  GNU Herds work team

  Tech Email:
    OLD;  address@hidden
    NEW;  address@hidden

With all that maybe we will pass the buy conditions [1]. Any correction,
comment, disagreement, etc.?

--
Whois and Network Information Lookup Service
  http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1834.html