Re: GNU Herds https certificate

From: Davi Leal
Subject: Re: GNU Herds https certificate
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:00:30 +0200

Neal E. Coombes wrote:
> > You are right again. :)  Organization Name should be obviously the
> > organization name in all sections.  Let this mailling list know what do
> > you think about the below proposal:
> >
> >   Admin:
> >
> >      First Name:   GNU Herds
> >      Last Name:    Free Software Association
> >      Email:        address@hidden
> >
> >   Technical:
> >
> >      First Name:   GNU Herds
> >      Last Name:    work team
> >      Email:        address@hidden
>
> I don't really like the idea, but I'll do it if you really think it should
> be this way.  I would much rather put someones first and last name.

In some sense you are right, due to the fields reads "First Name", "Last
Name".

> I understand that you're trying to indicate that this is a group managing
> this and not an individual,

Yes, that is my personal opinion.

> but the first and last name don't indicate who is managing necessarily,
> they just indicate who the primary contact is.

Yes, you are right. I propose the primary contact be the mailing lists
theyself, as exposed above in the "Email" field, no some specific person
which could change from year to year, so needing to update the domain name
info again.

We have already sent several pseudo-official emails when we were talking with
RMS.  We used as "From" field of such emails the below email address, signing
the email with its GPG key.

As it was adviced by MJ Ray, we sign emails with the below keys when
sending 'official' emails. Who is responsible of sending such emails is an
open question.

   GPG key for:
       GNU Herds - Free Software Association <address@hidden>

   GPG key for: