gnu-system-discuss

Re: Coreboot vs Libreboot - GNU: Please use Coreboot without the blobs (

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Coreboot vs Libreboot - GNU: Please use Coreboot without the blobs (compile time option). - Why the [edits]?
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2019 04:01:32 +0530

* address@hidden <address@hidden> [2019-11-07 03:22]:
> Why did you edit my words of he (the libreboot maintain is a man: who had

Those types of descriptions of people's bodies are not subject of GNU
project. That is hurting those who are going difficult times, even if
they don't, mentioning somebody's private life issues is simply not
welcome in civilized world.

Your writings made me very sad. It is not relevant for anything
related to GNU. GNU project is welcoming everybody. Please do not
publicly shame a person on these mailing lists. It is official stance
of GNU project not to discriminate against everybody.

Purpose is to encourage more contributions:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html

Quote:

The GNU Project encourages contributions from anyone who wishes to
advance the development of the GNU system, regardless of gender, race,
ethnic group, physical appearance, religion, cultural background, and
any other demographic characteristics, as well as personal political
views.

People are sometimes discouraged from participating in GNU development
because of certain patterns of communication that strike them as
unfriendly, unwelcoming, rejecting, or harsh. This discouragement
particularly affects members of disprivileged demographics, but it is
not limited to them. Therefore, we ask all contributors to make a
conscious effort, in GNU Project discussions, to communicate in ways
that avoid that outcome—to avoid practices that will predictably and
unnecessarily risk putting some contributors off.