gnu-system-discuss

Re: Coreboot vs Libreboot - GNU: Please use Coreboot without the blobs (

From: Alexandre François Garreau
Subject: Re: Coreboot vs Libreboot - GNU: Please use Coreboot without the blobs (compile time option). - Why the [edits]?
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2019 22:59:08 +0100

Pure cissexism is off-topic on gnu-system-discuss, which is about technical
aspects of the GNU system.  You shall not talk about social or politics (other
than software freedom) here.  For further questions please ask in private.

Le mercredi 6 novembre 2019 22:49:07 CET, vous avez écrit :
> Why did you edit my words of [something] […] to [[something else]]?

Because I don’t want to relay your statements I disagree with myself.
Quotations are for convenience, not relaying.  If one want to correct or
summarize something, convention is to do so by putting such modification into
square brackets.

> I did not authorize you do do
> that.

I don’t need.

> Verbatim quotes are fine, changing words is not.

Yes it is, as it is small quotation, and not plagiarism nor counterfeit.