Re: [gNewSense-users] restructuring the website

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] restructuring the website
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:22:02 +0100

Benedikt Ahrens wrote:
> thanks for the link. this was before i subscribed to the mailing list.
> seems like people are either too busy or not interested in changing
> the web page, since nobody joins in the discussion.

I'm sorry Ben, I would like to answer your previous email but I didn't
find time so I'll do it now.

I agree with you that there is a need to change the structure of the
main page because some important pages are difficult to reach.

I read the structure proposed by Karl and your one.
I merged your ideas with mines and here is the result:

Translations (ON THE RIGHT SIDE of the screen just as: www.fsfeurope.org)

About gNewSense
        Features
        Software
                Repos
                Releases
                LiveCD

Download
        gnewsense
        builder

Documentation (for gNewSense only)
                Getting Started
                Manuals & HowTos
                The Builder documentation

Recommended Hardware (too important, it should be listed alone)

Contact (single page with mailing lists, irc, forum)

Help us (projects, freedom verification, translations)

I prefer ah horizontal menu because it looks more modern to me.

What do you think?

- --
Graziano Sorbaioli -- www.sorbaioli.org
Support freedom?
Join the Free Software Foundation: http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=5796
Supporters will receive our new USB membership card with gNewSense Live
NO EMAIL from gmail accounts, >1Mb, html, ms-office files