Re: [gNewSense-users] german gnewsense webpage

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] german gnewsense webpage
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 23:11:48 +1030

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 10:25:32 +0100
"Benedikt Ahrens" <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> on the webpage there is a link to a non-existing page
> >> http://www.gnewsense.de
> >
> > Where?
>
> http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Community/All

Ok, in the wiki - if it was the main site it would have been my
problem. ;)

> yes, it is difficult to find, since there are TWO community pages:
> http://www.gnewsense.org/index.php?n=Community.Community

There are two. Just as there was two FAQs.
One offical (www.) and one community expandable (wiki.)

> this is part of what i meant when i said that gnewsense.org is not
> well organized.

This isn't a particularly good example though (imho) of hard to find
pages - the problem here might be the lack of distinction between
offical/unoffical. And the way theres never been offical policy of any
sort about officalness which has caused confusion.

> so it is not just about changing some links in the wiki....

No its not.
I didnt say it was, I just said not everything had to be a full re-org.
(I will admit i wasnt thinking about pages that need merging at the
time. Even though this was discussed in the last re-org thread).
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor