[Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 14:27:00 -0500

Hey all!

I'm embarking on a project that as part of it puts me in need of an FSF-approved distro with ARM support. Preferrable Debian-based. Preferrably armhf (hardware floating-point). I realise gnewsense does not currently have an ARM port, but I have not found that any do, so it seems I may have to do this port myself. gnewsense seems like a reasonable umbrella under which to do this work, especially since there are already multiple architectures supported (intel, mips). I've read various parts of the wiki, but I thought I would write this list to see if anyone has any tips on my getting started with this port, etc. Pointers on parts of the gnewsense toolchain I should be more familiar with, or wiki pages I should pay special attention to, would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted