Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 21:55:07 +0100

Op Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:20:21 -0500
schreef Stephen Paul Weber <address@hidden>:

> >1) Identify problematic packages and blacklist them
>
> I imagine this would be the same as the rest of gnewsense, yes?

Yes. "Problematic" here mostly means that the source does not comply
with FSDG. Though it could be architecture specific, like the mipsel bug
we found recently in gcc.

> Is this still done using rebuildd as on
> <http://www.gnewsense.org/kgoetz/RebuilddSetup>?

Yes.

> Does rebuildd support using a cross-compiler, or do I absolutely need
> to do builds on an ARM-native build server?

I've never tried rebuildd with a cross-compiler, but it's just another
chance for issues to arise, so I recommend native building.