Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:20:21 -0500

I don't mind having an ARM port of gNewSense, but I lack the time (and
hardware) to do it myself.

For sure.

1) Identify problematic packages and blacklist them

I imagine this would be the same as the rest of gnewsense, yes?

To start a new release, the base packages (base-files etc.) are built
in Debian chroots until we can debootstrap something that calls itself
gNewSense. Then the base packages and everything after that are rebuilt
in gNewSense chroots.

Is this still done using rebuildd as on <http://www.gnewsense.org/kgoetz/RebuilddSetup>?

Does rebuildd support using a cross-compiler, or do I absolutely need to do builds on an ARM-native build server?

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted