Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 23:07:26 +0100

I don't mind having an ARM port of gNewSense, but I lack the time (and
hardware) to do it myself. If you want to maintain it in the long term,
then you have my support. By maintaining I mean dealing with the quirks
of the platform whenever a build fails and testing if binaries and
especially the installer(s) work. If I can have ssh access to a machine
I wouldn't mind doing the builds myself.

The process goes something like:

1) Identify problematic packages and blacklist them
2) Patch the source where possible
3) Build a source package
4) Build binary packages on i386, amd64 and mipsel (Yeeloong) using
pbuilder
5) Upload source and binary packages to repo server
6) Run debderiver

To start a new release, the base packages (base-files etc.) are built
in Debian chroots until we can debootstrap something that calls itself
gNewSense. Then the base packages and everything after that are rebuilt
in gNewSense chroots.