Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro

From: Stephen Paul Weber
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] ARM(hf?) distro
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 14:03:54 -0500

Does rebuildd support using a cross-compiler, or do I absolutely need to do builds on an ARM-native build server?

On more research and thought, I'm realising that even if C programs could be cross-compiled with gcc, maybe other compilers (such as ghc) won't have cross-compilers, so really a native compile environment seems needed.

I'm researching different systems I could use for this and wondering if you have any tips on specs, etc? Looking at specs on Debian ARM build servers it seems that RAM is a pretty big deal. 4GB is not too hard to get, but more than than gets pretty expensive on ARM stuff that I've found so far -- do you think 4GB should be sufficient?

Thanks,

--
Stephen Paul Weber, @singpolyma
See <http://singpolyma.net> for how I prefer to be contacted