Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.2 on OLPC XO?

From: strk
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Gnash 0.8.2 on OLPC XO?
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:41:56 +0200

On Fri, Apr 04, 2008 at 09:59:49AM -0700, Keith Kie wrote:

> I don't want to sound extreme, but it seems the fate of worldwide
> open-source education hangs in the balance of the development of a
> successful flash player.

The proprietary player is successful, isn't it ?
If "open source" is what you're talking about you need "open source"
educational applications, flash player is not educational by
itself. YouTube isn't open source either.
So far we never received any flash-based educational application
for the XO not working with Gnash. Could be there are none, or
they all work, or their authors are not working hard to make
them really free ?