ghm-discuss

[Ghm-discuss] GHM dates

From: Brian Gough
Subject: [Ghm-discuss] GHM dates
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:08:23 +0100

At Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:22:04 +0200,
Henrik Sandklef wrote:
> We are starting the conf slowly with some "beer/mingle event" on Friday
> evening, which can be used as some kind of end of the ghm I think. So I
> propose to have the ghm:
>
>   x - 13
>
> ... yup, this is an equation, we need to know the start date. How long
> time do you think we need?

Ideally 3 or 4 days for the GHM.  (Last year was 2, but people
requested that next time it should be longer).

I would say that Wed-Thu-Fri for the GHM would be a good choice of
days if the conference does not start till Friday evening.

This would be effectively 3 full days, plus 2 days when people can
still discuss/hack during the conference.  A GNU room during the
conference would be useful for that.

If everyone is happy with that I can post an initial announcement for
the GHM with dates 11-13 Nov and 14-15 Nov in the FSCONS conference
itself.

--
Brian Gough