ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Paris?

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Paris?
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 09:22:04 +0200

Henrik Sandklef wrote:
> Brian Gough wrote:
>> At Tue, 07 Apr 2009 22:02:13 +0200,
>> Henrik Sandklef wrote:
>>> But we can for sure start planning before that. imo we need to look into:

>>> Sponsors
>>> Agenda
>>> Travel and accommodation
>> I'd like to get an announcement out about the dates for the GHM itself.
>>
>> I think you previously mentioned making it the week before the FSCONS
>> event (FSCONS is 13-15 november 2009 according to fscons.org)-- so the
>> GHM would be Mon 9 Nov - Thu 12 Nov.
>>
>> Are you happy to go with that?
>
> I'll check quickly with the FSCONS "interim board".

We are note sure exactly at what venue we're having the conf, but we
said that we'll host the ghm at 'my' univ (www.ituniv.se).

We are starting the conf slowly with some "beer/mingle event" on Friday
evening, which can be used as some kind of end of the ghm I think. So I
propose to have the ghm:

  x - 13

... yup, this is an equation, we need to know the start date. How long
time do you think we need?

Random thoughts:
* We can have a GNU booth at the conf.

* There'll be plenty of time for us all to chat and discuss during the
conf as well. So, we may want (and will get one if needed) a room during
the conf as well, if we'd like to discuss more

/h