ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Paris?

From: jemarch
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Paris?
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 23:58:20 +0200

   In 8 days we're having our first brain storm meeting regarding FSCONS.
   I'll bring up the ghm and see what we can dotogether. I'll get back to
   you on that.

   But we can for sure start planning before that. imo we need to look into:

   Sponsors
   Agenda
   Travel and accommodation

   ... i'll start new threads for the issues above.

Great! :)

As I said before, I would be glad to help in the organization of the
event.

Also, I would like to suggest an idea to increase the participation in
the GHM: to organize groups of people wanting to join the event, by
country, with a hacker acting as the "contact".

In that way:

- The collecting of travel information would be done by country and
  thus it would be easier for the hackers to organize the travel.
- The country contact can put in touch with possibly interested
  hackers of her area.
- The people would be able to travel in group, if they wish.
- The country contact would be able to make hotel reservations for
  the whole group, perhaps getting better prizes.
- The upstream organization would be easier.

We could set up a wiki in chapters.gnu.org with different sections,
like www.gnuhackersmeeting.org/Germany or
www.gnuhackersmeeting.org/Spain.

What do you think?

--