ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Paris?

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] GHM in Paris?
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:14:52 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

> As I said before, I would be glad to help in the organization of the
> event.

This is great.

> Also, I would like to suggest an idea to increase the participation in
> the GHM: to organize groups of people wanting to join the event, by
> country, with a hacker acting as the "contact".
>
> In that way:
>
> - The collecting of travel information would be done by country and
>   thus it would be easier for the hackers to organize the travel.
> - The country contact can put in touch with possibly interested
>   hackers of her area.
> - The people would be able to travel in group, if they wish.
> - The country contact would be able to make hotel reservations for
>   the whole group, perhaps getting better prizes.
> - The upstream organization would be easier.

sounds great

> We could set up a wiki in chapters.gnu.org with different sections,
> like www.gnuhackersmeeting.org/Germany or
> www.gnuhackersmeeting.org/Spain.
>
> What do you think?

good,

.. and imo we need to have some wiki to start sketching on the meeting
agenda*

Sketchy pages on 'my' new course at 'my Univ:
    http://itupw056.itu.chalmers.se/afst/
... this course is happening during both FSCONS and GHM, so it would be
great if we could find some cool thing to do together (course+ghm). But
that's another thread which I'll start in the near future.

/hesa

*) i'll add autotools as the first item, savannah next one .....