Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: Dave Page
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:12:09 +0100

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 12:05:36AM +0100, Andy Halsall wrote:

> ukfreesoftware.org (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available
> uk-freesoftware.org (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available
> freesoftware-uk.org  (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available
> freesoftwareuk.org (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available

Argh. Personally, domains which m/^.*uk.*\.(com|net|org)$/ make me want
to tear my eyes out, I'd much rather have a .org.uk which doesn't
contain "uk" in the name.

I think that fsug.org.uk ("Free Sofware User Groups") is short,
pronouncible, and appropriate. It also works for subdomains such as
sheffield.fsug.org.uk - as such it gets my vote.

Dave
--
Dave Page <address@hidden>
Jabber: address@hidden