RE: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names

From: Andy Halsall
Subject: RE: [Fsuk-manchester] Domain Names
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 00:05:36 +0100

Just to add to that list,

ukfreesoftware.org (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available
uk-freesoftware.org (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available
freesoftware-uk.org  (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available
freesoftwareuk.org (co.uk, com, net, org.uk, eu) are all available
and
ukfs.org.uk - is free

My preference out of the whole lot would probably be ukfreesoftware.org,
(possibly uk-freesoftware.org as well for that nice easier to read,
hyphenated redirect).

My reasoning being that it's easy to tell people what the url is without
writing it down (seriously look at my email domain, five letters, impossible
for most people to remember).

Failing those suggestions I would go for ukfsg because it sounds best, and
does roll of the tongue to some degree,  although I will say that it sounds
like something you could shout at a fleeing teenager in between STOP! and
**gunshot**.

Cheers.

Andy.

--

Andy Halsall
Director

---
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
address@hidden and the sender. Please note that any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author.  The
recipient should check  this email and any attachments for the presence
of viruses. The sender accepts no liability for any damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this email.

This email should be digitally signed, if it is not, it is probably not from
who it claims to be from. Please report any abusive or unwanted
email content to address@hidden Registered office: 26 Cleveland
Street, Upperthorpe, Sheffield, S6 3JB. Registration Number: 5667864

This email and any attachments were created and sent using Open Source
software,

ICTSC Ltd believes in open standards and the freedom to innovate.